This multi-purpose facility is situated on the beach in Hollywood, Florida with the intracostal waterway on the other side. Kirlin was selected to complete this complex resort construction project. The various facilities we were responsible for include:
- Central Energy Plant Building: 22,800 square feet
- Hotel-Dual Tower main building: 39 floors/1,000 guest rooms
- Condominium: 107 Luxury units
- Convention Center: 209,000 square feet
- Country Club & Spa: 114,000 Square feet
The central plant serves several buildings and was built as a showcase with windows to make the central plant as visible as possible. The plant systems include four 1,500-ton chillers, two (hot water heating) 350 Hp boiler and an auxiliary 130 psi steam boiler for the hotel laundry. One of the keys to success was working closely with the designers developing 3-dimensional coordination drawings that demonstrated constructability and design intent. The piping was distributed to the various buildings via underground pre-insulated piping with secondary and tertiary pumping systems.