A safe working environment is the most important goal for every company, and Kirlin is no exception. We place the safety and well-being of our employees as our utmost responsibility.
At Kirlin, we employ dedicated safety professionals in every office across our affiliates. Working closely with our Risk Management professionals, our safety team is second to none and ensures maximum productivity in the safest means possible.
Kirlin conducts specialized ongoing Safety Training for our employees. Topics included in the training are:
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses
- Crane Rigging and Signaling
- First Aid and CPR
- Confined Spaces
- Lock Out - Tag Out
- Fall Protection
- other specific training (as the job requires)
We also audit our jobs on a regular basis to verify compliance with not only required standards such as OSHA and the Corps of Engineers, but our own more stringent safety program.
Our efforts have benefited us in many ways. Some of our achievements include:
- Maintained an experience mod rate, at least 15 points below industry average since 2001.
- Continued a recordable injury rate, at least 20% below comparable operations.
Received safety awards and recognition, including:
- Mechanical Contractors Association - Safety Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- DC Metropolitan Subcontractors Association - Carson V. Carlisle Safety Award
Kirlin is dedicated to the highest safety standards. The safety and well-being of our employees is always our primary focus.Click to expand